Welcome to the Ashbourne Community National School (Ashbourne CNS) webpage.
LMETB are delighted to be appointed patron of Ashbourne CNS and we look forward to working with management, students, staff and parents over the coming years in the provision of a primary education for the young people of Ashbourne and the surrounding areas. See Department of Education Press Release for more information.
Plans are currently underway in LMETB to open Ashbourne CNS for the academic year 2019/2020. Recruitment is commencing for a Principal and teachers for Ashbourne CNS. Further information will be available on www.educationposts.ie and www.etbjobs.ie.
Enrolment has now commenced. An Application Form for Admission is available to download here. Please ensure you read the Admissions Policy and the Code of Behaviour prior to completing the application form for Admission.
All completed applications and accompanying documentation should be sent to the Director of Schools, LMETB Offices, Chapel Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 C7D8.
LMETB has an excellent tradition in school start – ups and we look forward to opening the doors to a new school which will offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a diverse range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities where the aptitudes of students are central to its design. You can download our Vision document for Ashbourne CNS here
Louth and Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB) is the largest comprehensive educational provider in the Louth and Meath region with a range of educational services from primary to post primary and further education and training. Louth and Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB) is committed to excellence and innovation in the education of young people and adults through the provision of dynamic services delivered by professional staff. We are proud to serve the communities of counties Louth and Meath, work with our educational partners and contribute to the development and growth of the Louth/Meath region. Further information on LMETB can be accessed at www.lmetb.ie
LMETB currently manages three Community National Schools, sixteen post primary schools including one school with Post Leaving Certificate provision, a Centre for European Schooling and two dedicated Post Leaving Certificate colleges. LMETB is also joint patron of six Community Schools located in Ardee, Ashbourne, Athboy, Drogheda, Kells and Trim. A listing of all LMETB schools and colleges can be accessed here.
As parents/guardians you may also be interested in visiting the website of LMETB’s Community National Schools in Navan, Co. Meath and Faughart, Dundalk, Co. Louth. Please click here to visit the Ard Ri Community National School website and click here to visit the Faughart CNS website and learn more about education provision at the school. Our website for Dunshaughlin CNS and Ashbourne CNS are currently under development.
The following information be also be of interest to you:
1. Introduction to LMETB You Tube Clip click here
2. Listing of LMETB Schools and Colleges click here
3. Listing of LMETB Board Members click here
4. LMETB Strategy Statement click here
5. Education and Training Boards Act 2013 click here
6. Education Act 1998 click here
7. Governance Manual for Primary Schools 2015 – 2019 & Amendments Click here
8. Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools click here
9. Standardisation of the School Year Click here
10. Goodness Me, Goodness You! Click here
11. Looking at our School 2016 – A Quality Framework for Primary Schools Click here
12. School Self – Evaluation Guidelines 2016 – 2020 Primary Click here
13. Community National Schools Website www.cns.ie
14. Department of Education and Skills www.education.ie
15. National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA) www.ncca.ie
16. Curriculum Online www.curriculumonline.ie
17. TUSLA – Child and Family Agency www.tusla.ie
18. National Council for Special Education (NCSE) www.ncse.ie
We look forward to working with you